BetWarrior supports responsible gaming
We take the welfare of our players seriously and encourage everyone to play safely and responsibly.
Take time to read through the sections below, which will help you enjoy our games and point you in the right direction if you’d like further information or support.
How do you gamble responsibly?
Stick to our guidelines, and you’ll get the most enjoyment from your BetWarrior experience.
- Treat all forms of gambling as entertainment and not a source of income or financial improvement.
- Only spend what you can afford to lose. If you think this is an issue, set deposit and loss limits to control the amount you’re spending.
- Don’t chase your losses. If you experience a losing streak, stop. Come back another time when you can afford to do so, and when you are in the right frame of mind.
- Be aware of your playing time. You can use reality checks, wager limits and time limits to keep your activity at a reasonable level.
- Playing for long periods can cause you to lose track of time and perspective. Take regular breaks and enjoy doing other things.
- Maintain a healthy balance of activities. Gambling should never take over, becoming your only form of entertainment. Ask yourself whether you still play for fun (if not, take a break).
- Never gamble under the influence of alcohol, drugs or when you’re upset or depressed as this can impair decision-making and lead to severe problems.
- Keep track of activities by reviewing your BetWarrior account history.
- Understand your chances of winning and how the games work. Although you can increase your chances of winning by understanding odds and possible gaming strategies, you can never guarantee the outcome.
- Playing for longer does not affect what happens next and won’t increase the likelihood of winning. In fact, the more you gamble, the more likely it is you’ll lose money over time. Therefore, treat gambling as a leisure entertainment, budgeting accordingly as part of your total leisure expenditure.
- Take our self-assessment questionnaire regularly (see lower down the page). Be honest to yourself, your family and loved ones and contact us if you feel you start losing control.
- Know that there are problem gambling support organisations in your country to support you. See the list lower down the page and contact them should you need to talk to someone.
BetWarrior Play Safe player limits
Budget your gambling expenses using the various Play Safe limits on BetWarrior. We recommend you select and set at least one if you feel you might have trouble overseeing your activities. Here’s all you need to know:
Limit on deposits. Restrict how much you can deposit over a day, week or a month.
Limit on wagers. Every amount you bet is called a wager, and you can set a total you’re willing to risk over a period of a week (a calendar week is Monday 00:00 to Sunday 23:59:59).
Limit on loss. Limit the maximum loss you can incur over a calendar week.
Limit on time. You can set a limit on how long you’re logged in to BetWarrior before being prompted that the time has elapsed. Set a limit over one hour.
Changing your limits
You can decrease or set a limit immediately.
You might also increase or remove a limit, but this takes seven days to take effect. Always consider whether you can afford increases, and never do so intending to make up for losses, as this is more likely to increase your losses overall.
Cool-off periods, account closure and permanent closure
If you prefer to take a break from playing on BetWarrior, select a cool-off period. Self-exclusion periods are flexible. Contact our Customer Care to have this set up. A self-exclusion will prevent you from logging in and cannot be overridden until the selected period has expired.
Once the cool-off period expires, you’ll have full access to your account again and can continue playing in a safe manner.
If you want to close your account for an unspecified period, contact our Customer Care to have this done. You can re-open the account again when you want by contacting our Customer Care team.
Contact our Customer Care for a permanent account closure if you feel you have a gambling problem or are at risk of developing one. We also strongly recommend you contact a local support organisation for help.
Track your spending
Your BetWarrior account history gives a clear oversight of your activity with us. This helps you keep track of spending and playing time. If you have difficulties keeping track, we advise you to set Play Safe limits. Ask our Customer Care to help you.
Self-assess your gambling behaviour regularly using our BetWarrior questionnaire. It’s important you are honest and that you act upon the results if necessary.
- Do you gamble to escape from reality or to escape a boring or unhappy life?
- Do you gamble until you run out of money, even if that means going without necessities?
- If you run out of money while gambling, do you feel lost and in despair, and need to gamble again as soon as possible?
- Have you ever lied to cover up the time or amount of money you have spent gambling?
- Have you lost interest in your family, friends or hobbies because you prefer to gamble?
- After losing, do you feel you must try and win back your losses as soon as possible or do you gamble to try to get out of financial trouble?
- Have you had arguments with loved ones or close friends about your gambling behaviour or money spent on gambling?
- Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
- Do you feel anxious, severely irritable, depressed or even suicidal because of your gambling?
- When gambling, do you find it difficult to stop and end up spending more time or money than intended?
- Are you always thinking or talking about gambling?
- Do you ever borrow money, sell possessions or delay paying bills in order to gamble?
- Do you notice that you need to gamble with larger amounts of money, larger stakes or for a longer time to get the same feeling of excitement?
- Have you neglected work, study, family, friends or other duties because of gambling?
Did you answer YES to one or more of the above questions? If so, please speak to our Customer Care team, who are trained on Responsible Gaming and can help you. If you prefer, contact the support organisations below.
Where to go for support and advice
There is always someone there to help you. Remember that. The following organisation provides free and confidential advice on handling any gambling problem, please visit Gamblers Anonymous.
Helping others and protecting minors
If you’re concerned that a family member or friend has or is developing a gambling problem, here are some possible warning signs you may notice:
- Spending a significant amount of time gambling
- No control over spending
- Lying or concealing gambling behaviour
- Neglecting work, study or other duties
- Loss of energy and interest in hobbies or other leisure activities
- Distancing from activities with family and friends
- Borrowing or stealing in order to gamble
- Gambling behaviour causing arguments or strain on personal relationships
What can you do?
If you recognise one or more of the warning signs, we recommend you encourage the individual to contact our Customer Care to discuss their playing behaviour.
BetWarrior does not allow anyone to gamble under the age of 18.
Should you suspect someone under that age is playing here, please contact our Customer Care, so we can investigate and take appropriate action.
We carry out verification checks on all our customers and will ask for proof of age should these checks be inconclusive. Anyone found to be under 18 will have their account closed instantly, and any winnings will be forfeited.